I was not intending to include a huge number of baking recipes in this blog, but I do like to bake! I have lots of favourite recipes which need to be stored somewhere before the ancient pieces of paper they are written on disintegrate.
Feijoas are everywhere at the moment, and feijoa cake is delicious. Here is my version:
100g butter, softened
1/2 c sugar
1 1/2 c flour
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1 c chopped dates
3/4 c chopped feijoas
3/4 c milk
1. Turn the oven to 180 C and grease and line a 20cm square tin.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the egg and beat to mix.
3. Fold in the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
4. Fold in dates, feijoas and milk to make a stiff batter.
5. Spoon into greased tin and bake for 45 minutes.
6. Serve dusted with icing sugar if you want to make it look pretty!