I am always disappointed with bought muesli and the amount of nuts and fruit that they contain. Making your own is really easy:
My approach to making muesli is not very scientific but I strongly suggest having a go at making your own. This is what I do:
1. Heat oven to about 170 C fanbake.
2. Fill an oven dish about 2 – 3cms full with rolled oats. Sprinkle over some coconut. Add some nuts and seeds – pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, brazil nuts and hazelnuts are all good. Toss together.
3. Mix together 2 heaped tablespoons of coconut oil, 1 T honey and 1 T real maple syrup in a bowl or pot. Melt in the microwave or over the oven. Toss through the oats mixture.
5. Cook for about 10 mins, stir. Then cook for another couple of 5 minute bursts, stirring in between.
6. Serve with whatever you fancy – my favourite at the moment is feijoas and yoghurt!