If you have any form of milk allergy or intolerance these recipes are not for you! Normally I like my corn au natural, but it is getting very much to the end of the corn season and it doesn’t taste as good as it did a couple of months ago. This recipe is a good way of making corn that is a bit past its prime taste delicious.
My husband loved the chicken and I think it almost made up for cooking fish last night!
Stuffed Chicken Breast
125g cream cheese
1/2 bag spinach
1 c grated mozzarella
1/4 c grated parmesan
2 T pesto
3 chicken breasts,softened
Bread or panko crumbs
250g pasta sauce
3 – 4 cobs corn
50g butter, softened
1 t crushed garlic
1 T parsley
- Heat oven to 180 C.
- Bring some water to the boil in a steamer and steam spinach for 3 mins. Get all of the water out of the spinach by putting it in a sieve and pushing down on it with a spoon.
- Add the cheeses and pesto to the stuffing and mix well.
- Slice the chicken breasts almost the whole way through horizontally. Fill with the stuffing. It will probably ooze out but that’s OK.
- Beat the egg in a bowl. Place the crumbs on a plate.
- Brush the top of each breast with egg and dump on the crumbs. Rub around to coat. Brush the other side with egg and turn around to coat.
- Place in a greased oven dish and cook in the oven for around 35 – 40mins, until cooked through. One of the breasts is to slice in half for 2 children, so you can cut this in half to check they are completely cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking, get the butter for the corn ready. Add the garlic and parsley. Use a knife to spread butter all over each cob, but not too much. Wrap each piece in foil and add to the oven , cooking for 25 – 30 mins.
- To serve heat up the pasta sauce and serve a little on the side along with a cob of corn – yum!